Printing the course overview will compile the details for all availabilities into a single PDF file without the units attached. If you want to print the units out for one or multiple availabilities then select the checkboxes below.
Grow your horticulture skills
This qualification will provide you with the practical skills and knowledge to work effectively in the horticulture industry. If you have industry experience this course will enhance your skills.
Subjects are selected from specialisations including arboriculture, floriculture, landscaping, nursery, parks and gardens, production skills and turf management. Subjects may include plant identification, irrigation, pest and disease control, machinery use, nursery work, hard landscaping, hydroponics, and turf maintenance. Not all horticultural specialisations will be available at all locations.
You may be able to attain a dual qualification incorporating this qualification and the Certificate III in Conservation and Land Management(opens in a new tab) , talk to staff when you enrol.
- Implement propagation plans
- Safely prepare, store and apply chemicals
- Create plant displays
- Apply workplace safety and health guidelines
I have the following attributes:
- Enjoy nature and the outdoors
- Comfortable working in a physical environment
- Practical and able to undertake manual labour
- Problem solving skills
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|OLNA or NAPLAN 9 Band 8||C Grades in Year 10 English and Maths or equivalent||Certificate I or Certificate II|
There are no formal entry requirements for this course. It is however recommended that applicants have at least completed year 10, Certificate II in Conservation and Land Management or Certificate II in Horticulture.
Other job titles may include:
- Interior Plantscaper
- Horticulture Consultant
- Sustainable Horticulture Promotional Officer
Please note this list should be used as a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
North Metropolitan TAFE offers you a range of further study opportunities, see below for a list of related courses.
This qualification is part of the Lower fees, local skills program where you'll pay only half of the standard course fees until 31 December 2021. The “annual fees cap” means that full-fee paying students will only pay a maximum of $1,200 (plus resource fee) and concession-fee paying students or those aged 15-24 years will only pay up to $400 (plus resource fee). Please see below an approximate estimate of what you will pay on enrolment.
Annual Full fee
Annual Concession fee
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period. Some year-long courses might have a bigger fee load in the first semester.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses, or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred study mode below to get started with your application or enrolment.