Take your horticulture career to new heights
This course will develop the skills you need to design, plan, implement, manage and evaluate horticultural operations and processes to effectively manage and maintain public and private parks, reserves, gardens, natural bushland and community recreation areas. This will include developing your skills in how to establish and manage a horticultural business or project, which includes preparing estimates, quotes and tenders; selecting plants and landscape solutions; managing plant health programs; developing production plans; and managing staff and services.
Completing an additional two units with the Diploma of Horticulture will see you gain a dual qualification, incorporating the Diploma of Conservation and Land Management, talk to staff when you enrol.
- Plant nutrition and health
- Propagation and recognition of plants
- Landscape design, products and services
- Business management and administration
I have the following attributes:
- An appreciation of nature and able to work outdoors
- Comfortable working in a physical environment
- Practical skills and the ability to undertake manual labour
- Problem solving and organisational skills
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|Completion of WACE General or ATAR (Minimum C Grades) or equivalent||Completion of WACE General or ATAR or equivalent (minimum C Grades)||Certificate III|
There are no formal entry requirements for this course. It is however recommended that applicants have at least three to five years experience within the industry, or have completed Certificate IV in Horticulture or Conservation and Land Management.
Other job titles may include:
- Horticultural Team Leader | Horticultural Manager | Horticultural Consultant
- Nursery Manager
- Garden Centre Operator
- Parks and Gardens Manager
- Irrigation Master Technician
Please note this list should be used as a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
This qualification is part of the Lower fees, local skills(opens in a new tab) program where you'll pay only half of the standard course fees from 1 January to 31 December 2021. The “annual fees cap” means that full-fee paying students will only pay a maximum of $1,200 (plus resource fee) and concession-fee paying students or those aged 15-24 years will only pay up to $400 (plus resource fee).
Estimated Course Fee
Estimated Concession Fee
Eligible for VSL
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period. Some year-long courses might have a bigger fee load in the first semester.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses (such as short courses), or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred study mode below to get started with your application or enrolment.