Skip to main content
Menu Menu

​Complaints and feedback

We want to hear from you!

Your satisfaction as a student is super important to us at North Metropolitan TAFE.

We really appreciate your feedback (positive and negative) and  complaints because they help us improve. 

What is the difference between feedback and a complaint?
  • Complaint is when you are unhappy with a service or product and would like us to fix or resolve a problem. 
  • Feedback may be a positive compliment or negative comment about a service or product. Feedback does not necessarily require a response but will be acknowledged.
How do I complain?

There are a few ways you can let us know what you think:

  Online Fill out our Online Feedback form

  Phone Call  1300 300 822

 Hard copy Get a form from Client Services or download one Complaints and feedback form (265 KB) (Word document - opens in a new tab)  and submit it in a sealed envelope.

 Email Send a detailed email to

  Written letter Mail or hand-deliver a letter to Locked Bag 6, Northbridge WA 6865

Hint: Consider an informal resolution: If possible, try to resolve any issues informally by discussing it with the relevant parties.

Need help to provide feedback or make a complaint?

Disability, mental health or medical condition 
Contact Access and Learning Support

 9427 1314 if you need any support with the process or would like to request alternative formats for information accessibility.

Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander
Reach out to the Student Liaison Officer at Koolark

 9428 0340

Students who are
under the age of 18 years
Parents/guardians can complain on your behalf. Visit Client Services if you need.

International students
Contact International Student Support or visit Client Services.

 9427 1873

English is a Additional Language (EAL) student
Get help from Client Services or if you need the services of an interpreter contact

What happens next?

You will receive written acknowledgment within two (2) business days

Resolution timeframe 
We aim for resolution within ten (10) business days, with updates if needed.

Unhappy with the complaint decision or process?

Internal appeal
Download and complete the Complaint appeal form and email

External review
Seek independent review from Ombudsman WA if unsatisfied .

Find more details on our Complaints and Feedback policy information page.


Academic appeals

As a student, if you think an assessment decision was unfair or incorrect, check out our Academic appeals page for more information.


The information on this page is available in alternative formats upon request including electronic document format, hard-copy (standard and large print) or audio format.

Quick guide

  1. Prepare Understand and articulate your concern.
  2. Choose method Online, phone, hard copy, email, or letter.
  3. Consider informal resolution Discuss or mediate the issue.
  4. Seek assistance if needed Disabilities, Indigenous, Minors, International, EAL.
  5. Expect response Acknowledgment in 2 days, Resolution or updates in 10 days.
  6. Appeal if necessary Internal appeal or external review.
  7. Academic appeals Check college's Academic appeals page.
  8. Alternative formats Request accessible information formats.

Feedback form

Do you require the support of interpreting services?

Personal details
Postal address

Do you wish to remain anonymous?
Your details must be included above and will remain confidential.

Type of feedback
(please attach additional pages if necessary)
Attach your evidence here
Maximum 5 files.
20 MB limit.
Allowed types: gif, jpg, png, bmp, eps, tif, pict, psd, txt, rtf, html, odf, pdf, doc, docx, ppt, pptx, xls, xlsx.
15 MB limit per form.