We are the largest TAFE college in Western Australia, with ten contemporary campuses across Perth’s north metropolitan area.
We offer over 350 courses from Certificate I to Advanced Diplomas, apprenticeships and traineeships, plus short courses and skill sets. Whether you’re just starting out in the workforce, looking to upskill, change careers or returning to work, we have a qualification to take you in the right direction.
Information for parents and guardians
Our training and lecturers
Studying with us will give you real-world training in simulated environments to guarantee top notch skills in your chosen area.
Our lecturers are experts in their field and they talk to employers constantly, so we know what skills industry needs for the jobs that are in high demand.
This means you get training that is current, relevant and demanded by industry, giving you a competitive edge.
If you’re wanting to further your study, we have you covered with our partnerships with both local and national universities, giving you access to the best options on entry pathways and advanced standing.
What our students say
Hear what our students have to say on our YouTube channel about their real training experiences with NMTAFE.
Learn why they love their course and industry, the many different study pathways you can take to land your dream job, and what to expect when you study with us.
How we support you
You’ll also get support throughout your training journey, either academically or with your personal development.
We can support you through our:
- Informed choices - helps you take into account the essential skills, knowledge and critical aspects of assessment of a course or qualification.
- Accessibility and Learning Support – ensuring all students have access to our programs and facilities so they can achieve their education goals.
- International Centre – assisting overseas students throughout their training journey.
- Jobs and Skills Centres – providing free career, training and employment advice. The three centres are located at our Balga, Perth and Joondalup campuses.
- Koolark, Centre for Aboriginal Students – offering mentoring and advice to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students.
- Student Services – located at all of our campuses, they assist with processing payments and provide information on our courses, services and facilities.