Not all jobs need a full qualification and maybe you don’t either. Our short courses and skill sets give you the training you need quickly.
Our skill sets give you specific workplace skills and are made up of one or more units of competency linking to an industry need or requirement, like a licence. Upon completion, you will receive a Statement of Attainment, in some cases this may give you credit towards a higher qualification.
Our short courses will help you gain skills in a specific area to help you get a promotion, change careers or to just learn for fun. Gaining some DIY trade skills, following your creative passion or learning a language are just a few of the pathways you can explore with our short courses.
Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully before enrolling in any North Metropolitan TAFE short course.
- At North Metropolitan TAFE we aim to promote lifelong learning, and courses are specifically designed to cater for an adult audience. If you are under 18 years old, you will need your guardian's approval and provide their contact details in order to participate in these courses.
- If you have any medical conditions, disability or special requirements that may affect your course participation please email firstname.lastname@example.org upon enrolment
- There are minimum and maximum student numbers for each course and courses will only be conducted if the minimum number of enrolments are met. If in the event a course does not meet minimum numbers you will be notified
- Fees are subject to change - please check the fees within the short course booking system at the time of payment
- Full payment must be made upon enrolment. Payments are made online via the short course booking system, Bookeo. MasterCard or VISA are accepted
- No refund or make up classes will be provided for absenteeism
- No refund will be provided for cancellations
- There are no exceptional circumstances refunds applicable to commercial short course programs
- Students will receive a full refund if the course:
- is cancelled due to insufficient numbers
- date or time is changed by North Metropolitan TAFE after your enrolment to a day or time not suitable
Age limits that apply to local areas
Residential, Construction and Trades / Art and Design
- People under the age of 15 are unable to enrol in the Commercial Short Courses for these areas
- People aged 15-16 may enrol if a parent/guardian is also enrolled in the same course
Engineering / Languages
- People under the age of 15 may enrol if a parent/guardian is also enrolled in the same course
- People aged 16-17 may enrol and attend classes with permission from their guardian
Other area-specific conditions
- To ensure fairness to all prospective students, each student may only enrol in the Ceramics short course once per term. If you book multiple days your booking may be rejected due to fairness and equitable reasons