Printing the course overview will compile the details for all availabilities into a single PDF file without the units attached. If you want to print the units out for one or multiple availabilities then select the checkboxes below.
Develop your supervisory skills for the horticulture industry
This qualification will provide you with the practical skills and knowledge to coordinate and supervise operations in your chosen field of horticulture. You can choose to learn skills from a range of subjects that enable you to cost and supervise projects, develop and implement programs and provide training. You can also choose subjects that will further develop your technical expertise in horticulture.
You may be able to attain a dual qualification incorporating this qualification and with the Certificate IV in Conservation and Land Management, talk to staff when you enrol.
- Design garden and plant displays
- Supervise staff and implement occupational health and safety standards
- Plant nutrition, health, propagation and recognition
- Landscape design, horticultural products and services
- Business management and administration
I have the following attributes:
- Enjoy nature and the outdoors
- Comfortable working in a physical environment
- Practical and able to undertake manual labour
- Problem solving and organisational skills
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|C Grades in Year 11 WACE General English, and OLNA; or NAPLAN 9 Band 8||C Grades in Year 11 English and Maths or equivalent||Certificate II or Certificate III|
There are no formal entry requirements for this course. It is however recommended that applicants have at least two years experience within the industry, or have completed Certificate III in Horticulture, Conservation or Landscape Construction.
Other job titles may include:
- Senior Horticulturist
- Junior Garden Designer
- Horticulture Team Leader
- Supervisor (Nursery)
- Irrigation Installation and Service Technician
Please note this list should be used as a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
This qualification is part of the Lower fees, local skills(opens in a new tab) program where you'll pay only half of the standard course fees from 1 January to 31 December 2021. The “annual fees cap” means that full-fee paying students will only pay a maximum of $1,200 (plus resource fee) and concession-fee paying students or those aged 15-24 years will only pay up to $400 (plus resource fee).
Annual Full fee
Annual Concession fee
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period. Some year-long courses might have a bigger fee load in the first semester.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses (such as short courses), or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred option below to get started with your application.