Printing the course overview will compile the details for all availabilities into a single PDF file without the units attached. If you want to print the units out for one or multiple availabilities then select the checkboxes below.
Do you want to build a solid base for your future?
This course offers a possible pathway to further studies for students who have not achieved satisfactory grades in Year 10 at school. You will be interviewed and assessed to be placed in the right course for you.
The Certificate II in General Education for Adults assists you to develop your reading, writing, maths and employability skills to prepare you for a further study pathway.
Continuous enrolment is available for online and off campus delivery only. You have six months to complete the course from your enrolment date.
Are you of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent, aged 17 or over and want to make a difference in your community? Want to get paid to train and earn a nationally accredited qualification?
Then be the one to stepforward and get a firsthand view of the dynamic and exciting world of policing.
As a trainee, you will develop fantastic workplace skills, under the guidance of experienced Police Officers. You will gain exposure to a range of unique policing activities and get a true taste of what it means to be part of the WA Police Force family.
You will receive important job related training and will also attend formal class based training provided in partnership with North Metropolitan TAFE. You will be supported throughout your learning journey and will have access to mentors to assist you in reaching your career goals.
Successful applicants will receive a 12-month contract with a possible extension to 24-months, a competitive salary, uniform, shift allowances and generous leave entitlements.
Limited positions are available in metropolitan and regional locations, so don’t miss your opportunity to be part of this exciting program which will commence July 2019 and early 2020.
For further information and to download an application form, visit WA Police Force Recruiting(opens in a new tab) or contact Police Recruiting, Amy Hand on (08) 9301 9735 or Mickailee Khan on (08) 9301 9514 and an application form can be sent to you.
Leederville offers the Launchpad program (744 KB) (PDF document), specially designed for students aged 15-17 years old. This is a dual qualification that also includes the BSB20115 Certificate II in Business.
The Midland course is delivered at community hubs in conjunction with external agencies and will only run with sufficient enrolments.
I have the following attributes:
- A desire to build confidence and re-engage with learning
- A desire to prepare for participation in further education (TAFE course)
- A desire to prepare for participation in employment
- Able to monitor and review own performance in achieving learning goals
Entrance to this course is by assessment and interview.
Estimated Course Fee
Estimated Concession Fee
Eligible for VSL
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period. Some year-long courses might have a bigger fee load in the first semester.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses, or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred study mode below to get started with your application or enrolment.