SEE-Skills for Education and Employment is a free course for job seekers to improve language, reading, writing and maths skills.
North Metro TAFE is a SEE Provider. We deliver training to build confidence and proficiency in English language, literacy, numeracy and basic computer skills. Participants are prepared for the next step to get a job or go on to further study.
SEE caters to various groups including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, youth, people with disabilities, mature aged people, and job seekers from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Who is SEE for?
This program is for people who:
- Who like small classes with individual support
- Need help writing a resume
- Need to prepare before studying
- Want to improve numeracy
- Have difficulty filling out forms
- Need help with digital literacy
- Want to gain confidence and skills.
SEE will help you
- Improve your reading, writing, listening and speaking skills
- Improve your numeracy skills
- Develop your computing skills - download apps, create documents
- Gain the confidence and skills to apply for jobs
- Explore your work and training options
- Participate in formal and informal job interviews
- Identify your strengths and pathways to further study.
Skill set in Digital Technologies
Our SEE participants will be trained in using computers to:
- Produce work documents i.e. emails, letters, spreadsheets, power point presentations
- Use social media and mobile technologies for networking
- Search for employment and further training opportunities
- Communicate in a work environment.
Register for this free course
You’ll need a referral
Ask your Workforce Australia consultant for a referral to SEE at North Metro TAFE
If you use Workforce Australia Online, contact the Digital Services Contact Centre for a referral
If you are a volunteer job seeker or not on an income support payment, North Metro TAFE can help you with a referral.
- Perth campus
- Balga campus
- Joondalup campus
- Skills for Education and Employment (SEE) website
- Skills for Education and Employment (SEE) Fact Sheet (1 MB) (PDF document)
- Skills for Education and Employment (SEE) Facts vs Myths
- North Metropolitan TAFE is now an approved provider for the Australian Government's Foundation Skills for Your Future Program