Build on your Auslan skills to open up employment opportunities
This diploma will provide you with the skills to use Auslan in a range of specialised, complex and technical workplace exchanges across personal, learning, employment, social and community contexts. You will be able to gain employment in a role requiring knowledge of Auslan and use your skills in a wide range of contexts.
This diploma builds on the PSP40818 Certificate IV in Auslan and provides a greater opportunity for employment in a role requiring Auslan comprehension.
- Auslan for employment, learning, personal and social and community purposes
- Learn to analyse the semantics and sociolinguistics of Auslan
I have the following attributes:
- Language-learning aptitude
- High level of memory retention, concentration, accuracy and objectivity
- Flexibility, adaptability, understanding and acceptance
- Able to liaise with people from a range of backgrounds
- Broad general knowledge, including current affairs
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|Completion of WACE General or ATAR (Minimum C Grades) or equivalent||Completion of WACE General or ATAR or equivalent (minimum C Grades)||Certificate III|
Many employers and service providers will expect Auslan-English Interpreter practitioners to have a NAATI Certification (Certified Provisional Interpreter - Diploma level or higher) – it is difficult to get translating and interpreting work without it. Certification details available from NAATI's website
This course provides you with the knowledge and skills in Auslan that may lead to employment in a range of deaf-related vocations, such as:
- Auslan-English Interpreter
- Freelance Practitioner (Interpreter)
- Interpreting Service Provider (Agencies)
- Paraprofessional Interpreter
- Social and Community Work
- Deaf Learning
Please note this list should be used as a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred option below to get started with your application.
Semester 1, 2022
Leederville - On Campus
|When||Semester 1, 2022|
Half price fees
The Lower fees, local skills (half price) discount and fee caps have already been applied to the Tuition fees displayed above. Please note that fee caps only apply to the calendar year, so multi-semester courses across more than one calendar year may have a higher fee. See the Half price courses page for more details.
Lower fees, local skills are available to residents of Western Australia, and temporary residents holding certain visa types. They are not available for people living outside of Western Australia, or international students. Full eligibility details are available on our Half price courses page.
Enquiries regarding fees can be made by calling us.
T 1300 300 822