Do you want to put your Auslan skills to good use?
This course has a focus on ethics of interpreting and concepts to assist in interpreting preparation. It is best suited to people who have some experience in interpreting and have completed a Diploma of Auslan. With this qualification and some experience behind you, you could find yourself working in community organisations and/or the private sector.
The need for Auslan interpreters exists across every sector including:
- Health environments - assisting people with hospital appointments, clinics, specialist appointments, hospice care
- Social welfare - helping people access services at organisations relating to the Department of Human Services (eg Centrelink, Medicare, Immigration etc)
- Legal - providing help with court appearances and documents, police interviews and prisons
- Educational - at all levels of education, formal and informal.
This Diploma will specialise in Auslan - English interpreting.
Auslan skills are not taught in the Diploma of Interpreting (Auslan - English) qualification, so you will need to demonstrate:
- An interview, prior to enrolment to assess your Auslan proficiency and
- BKSB testing in Literacy and Numeracy - you will need to achieve a level 3
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred option below to get started with your application.
Semester 1, 2022
Perth - On Campus
|When||Semester 1, 2022|