Printing the course overview will compile the details for all availabilities into a single PDF file without the units attached. If you want to print the units out for one or multiple availabilities then select the checkboxes below.
Provide excellent customer service in a library environment
In this Certificate IV course you will gain knowledge and skills in the delivery of library and related library technologies and processes. Your studies could lead to employment in a broad range of environments such as public, hospital, law, university or school libraries. Or you may find work in the information based organisations, such as a web-based database service.
Your lecturers in this course are library professionals, up-to-date with industry best practice and with strong connections with local library staff and organisations.
North Metropolitan TAFE gives you the option of studying this course on campus (6 months full-time) or online & part-time (students should aim to complete the course within 12 months).
- Provide leadership for library teams in areas including customer service and occupational safety and health
- Undertake cataloguing activities to describe and organise library resources
- Search online databases and retrieve information from external sources for information
- Use social media tools
- Assist and present information to clients to help them access library and external resources
- Build your understanding of current library issues and trends, including emerging technologies.
I have the following attributes:
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Comfortable using technology
- Able to work as part of a team
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|C Grades in Year 11 WACE General English, and OLNA; or NAPLAN 9 Band 8||C Grades in Year 11 English and Maths or equivalent||Certificate II or Certificate III|
Completion of Certificate III in Library and Information Services or other relevant education or industry experience.
Students studying part-time or online are advised to complete the qualification within 12 months. National changes to the qualification may result in additional studies.
Other costs for consideration:
- Text Books
Other job titles may include:
- Library Officer (in public, hospital, law, university, college and school libraries)
- Collections Management Assistant
- Library Assistant
- Customer Engagement Officer (Library and Cultural Services)
Please note this list should be used as a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
Estimated Course Fee
Estimated Concession Fee
Eligible for VSL
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred option below to get started with your application.