Printing the course overview will compile details for all study options into a single file without units.
Learn how to be a finisher
Be someone who has an integral role in the completion of a building. Get the training you need to assist with the internal finishes of a building.
You'll learn how to erect scaffolding and work safely at heights to fix standard plasterboard sheets and paper-based cornices.
Once completed some units from this course can be used as credit towards the CPC31211 Certificate III in Wall and Ceiling Lining.
- Work safely in the construction industry
- Erect, use and dismantle scaffolding
- Read and interpret plans
- Carry out measurements and calculations
- Mix plastering compounds
- Work with plasterboard and cornices
I have the following attributes:
- Aptitude for practical work and for following plans
- Good vision and hand eye co-ordination
- Able to do basic mathematical calculations
- Good physical fitness
- Very precise and careful with work
If this course is deemed competitive, you will be informed during your application via TAFE Admissions and additional entrance requirements will apply.
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|OLNA or NAPLAN 9 Band 8||C Grades in Year 10 English and Maths or equivalent||Certificate I or Certificate II|
In line with the Department of Education's Alternatives to full-time schooling policy, to study this course starting in:
- Semester 1 - you need to have turned 15 years old by January 31.
- Semester 2 - you need to have turned 15 years old by June 30.
- Wall and Ceiling Fixer
- Ceiling and Wall Fixer
- Ceiling Fixer/Flusher
Please note this list should be used as a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
Successful completion of this qualification provides you with the opportunity to become an apprentice in the building and construction industry, but you need to be registered with the The Apprenticeship Office and employed.
This form is only for course enquiries. If you would like to apply, please refer to the Study options and next steps section above.