Printing the course overview will compile the details for all availabilities into a single PDF file without the units attached. If you want to print the units out for one or multiple availabilities then select the checkboxes below.
Learn to design in the creative and cultural heart of the city.
North Metropolitan TAFE’s well established fashion department offers a stimulating design space that combines creativity with the underpinning practical skills necessary for success in an exciting and challenging industry.
The Advanced Diploma builds on the skills you've gained from the Diploma of Applied Fashion Design and Merchandising. You will learn in simulated workplace design studios where original design interpretations, lateral thinking and extensive research are encouraged.
During this course you'll be given the opportunity to get involved in our creative community by participating in collaborations across various learning areas such as product design, jewellery design, graphic design and visual art; and gain real industry experience through our work placement programs.
On completion you’ll have an impressive skill set preparing you for further study or work in the real world.
Please note: the Diploma of Applied Fashion Design and Merchandising(opens in a new tab) contains pre-requisite units for this Advanced Diploma course, it is therefore strongly recommended that you have completed the Diploma of Applied Fashion and Merchandising (or equivalent) before applying for this course.
This course is only offered in semester one of each year.
- Research commercial development and production of textiles
- Develop a textile product range
- Manage the fashion design process
- Develop a fashion range
- Refine digital art techniques
- Develop marketing strategy for fashion
I have the following attributes:
- Creative flair and an eye for detail
- Autonomous worker
- Good hand-eye coordination
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Good communication skills
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|Completion of WACE General or ATAR (Minimum C Grades) or equivalent||Completion of WACE General or ATAR or equivalent (minimum C Grades)||Certificate III|
Please note: It is strongly recommended that you have completed MST50119 Diploma of Applied Fashion and Merchandising (opens in a new tab) (or equivalent) before applying for this course as the Diploma contains pre-requisite units for the Advanced Diploma.
- Fashion Production Assistant
- Design Assistant
- Pattern Cutter
- Sample Machinist
- Fashion Event Organiser
- Visual Merchandiser
- Fashion Illustrator
Please note this list should be used as a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
Estimated Course Fee
Estimated Concession Fee
Eligible for VSL
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period. Some year-long courses might have a bigger fee load in the first semester.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses (such as short courses), or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred study mode below to get started with your application or enrolment.