Get ready to pursue an exciting career in sound production in the WA music industry
Advance your music skills with this course. You'll learn about current music industry practices in the areas of studio recording and maintenance, live sound, music production, music arrangement, music technology and repairing/maintaining equipment and have the ability to set up your own studio.
By studying music at North Metropolitan TAFE you'll benefit from the best facilities and musical heritage in Western Australia. Since 1996 our music graduates have gone on to form bands such as Birds of Tokyo and work with bands such as Gyroscope, Karnivool and Eskimo Joe.
North Metro's focus on industry relevancy means practical course content geared towards getting you a career. You'll learn from our industry experienced lecturers and have an opportunity to network with real professionals who could increase your chances of employment during or after study.
- Develop current music industry practices
- Record in a studio
- Set up and mix live sound
- Understand music technology
- Produce music
- Arrange music
- Repair and maintain equipment
I have the following attributes:
- An interest in all aspects of sound recording, production and performance
- An ear for detail
- Enjoy working with electronics and an interest in the science of sound production
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|Completion of WACE General or ATAR (Minimum C Grades) or equivalent||Completion of WACE General or ATAR or equivalent (minimum C Grades)||Certificate III|
The National Standard for Licensing Persons Performing High Risk Work applies to persons performing dogging and rigging work.
- Sound Technician | Audio Operator | Re-Recording Mixer | Sound Editor | Sound Effects Person | Sound Mixer | Sound Recordist
Other job titles may include:
- Sound Designer
- Mix Console Operator
- Audio-Visual Technician
Please note this list should be used as a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
This form is only for course enquiries. If you would like to apply, please refer to the Study options and next steps section above.