Get a head start in the sporting industry
This Certificate IV in Sport Development will give you the skills to get ahead and take advantage of the varied opportunities in the sporting industry in Australia. You'll cover topics such as; teamwork and leadership; planning and delivering sport and recreation programs; using sport technology; event management; risk management; exercise science; managing volunteers and working with stakeholders. You'll be equipped to fulfil your clients' sporting objectives and work effectively within a sporting organisation.
During the course of your studies you'll have access to the live works gym facility at our Northbridge campus and have the opportunity to gain learning support to improve study, literacy or numeracy skills.
- Developing knowledge of sport technology used in the industry
- Work effectively within a team environment or autonomously in an organisational structure
- Ability to conduct and coordinate sporting activities for others
- Understand how to incorporate exercise science principles into fitness instruction and programming
- Responsibility for coordination and supervision of volunteers in variety of roles
- Ability to plan, setup, conduct and monitor an event
I have an interest in the sport industry and I have the following attributes:
- Enjoy participating in sport and being physically active
- Able to work in a team and communicate with others
- Above average English literacy skills
- Good organisational, time-management and problem solving skills
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Keen to learn new concepts, ideas and methods
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|C Grades in Year 11 WACE General English, and OLNA; or NAPLAN 9 Band 8||C Grades in Year 11 English and Maths or equivalent||Certificate II or Certificate III|
It is recommended that you have completed a Certificate II or III in Sport and Recreation or Coaching, or equivalent.
Classes will be run over three days per week on campus when you study full-time, Tuesday, 9:00am - 4:00pm and Wednesday & Thursday 9:00am - 3:15pm, plus Monday as an online learning day consisting of Collaborate (lecturer led) online sessions and self-paced activities.
This timetable information is indicative only and subject to change.
You will deliver sporting sessions to real clients in local sporting clubs or schools.
You must bring/wear sport attire and purchase a college polo shirt.
You will be required to get a Working With Children Check.
This course does not guarantee you a direct pathway into employment in the sport industry but will help you prepare for a role in a variety of roles that may include:
- Development officer
- Coordinator for Programs & Competitions
- Volunteer coordinator
- Events coordinator
- Talent Development Coordinator
- Administrator within sport clubs or organisations
Please note this list should be used as a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
NMTAFE's Diploma of Sport and Diploma of Leadership and Management dual qualification. See the course above for more information.
You may also be able to apply for entry into higher education to study a Bachelor degree in a related field and receive credit for your first year of study.
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred option below to get started with your application.
Semester 1, 2023
Leederville - On Campus
|When||Semester 1, 2023|
The fees quoted are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis in 2022. Please view the full list of Fee disclaimers.
Please note fees listed include all units required to gain this qualification. If you're a continuing student and have successfully completed a lower-level qualification that is a prerequisite for this course, you'll only pay for the units that you need to enrol in, to complete this course.
Enquiries regarding fees can be made by calling us.
This form is only for course enquiries. If you would like to apply, please refer to the Study options and next steps section above.