Printing the course overview will compile the details for all availabilities into a single PDF file without the units attached. If you want to print the units out for one or multiple availabilities then select the checkboxes below.
Make a difference to people's lives
Do you want to be a part of the health team that assists clients to recover their health status? You could do this by learning how to collect blood samples and other specimens for testing.
You will gain transferable skills which you will be able use in any further health related studies you may choose to undertake.
Certificate III in Pathology Collection provides you with the opportunity to meet many different people and help them to feel at ease during their visit.
This course was added to the 'lower fees, local skills' initiative on 11 May 2021. This means that for any units of competency that you enrol in from 11 May 2021, you will only pay half the tuition fee.
- Safely take venous blood and other samples
- Knowledge of how the body works
- How to prevent the spread of infection
- Medical terminology
I have the following attributes:
- Caring and respectful approach
- Able to work unsupervised
- Able to work co-operatively within a multidisciplinary team
- Good administration and organisational skills
- Computer literacy and accurate recording of details
- Be prepared to work in hospital wards, outpatient clinics, off-site collection rooms and home collection services
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|OLNA or NAPLAN 9 Band 8||C Grades in Year 10 English and Maths or equivalent||Certificate I or Certificate II|
This course is run over 3 days per week and also includes a work placement component.
This course is delivered 3 days a week over 16 weeks, including an organised work placement.
Please note: Students enrolled at Joondalup (McLarty campus) will need to attend lab sessions at NMT's Mt Lawley campus one day per week.
Other costs in addition to course fees:
- Polo Shirt (approx. $29)
- Police Clearance (approx. $72) prior to commencement of work placement and employment
- Medical Clearance
Including vaccinations - you will need to provide proof of immunisation against:
- Chicken Pox (Varicella)
- Diphtheria, Tetanus, Pertussis
- Hepatitis B
- Influenza (annual)
Other job titles may include:
- Specimen Collection Officer
- Blood Collector
Please note this list should be used as a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
Estimated Course Fee
Estimated Concession Fee
Eligible for VSL
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period. Some year-long courses might have a bigger fee load in the first semester.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses (such as short courses), or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred option below to get started with your application.