Printing the course overview will compile the details for all availabilities into a single PDF file without the units attached. If you want to print the units out for one or multiple availabilities then select the checkboxes below.
Ready to start your career in the fast growing ICT industry?
This course provides you with the skills and knowledge to support information technology activities in the workplace across a range of ICT areas including technical support and network administration.
You will learn how to configure, secure and test system software for a small home office network or small to medium business network.
At our Joondalup campus we also offer you the opportunity to gain a dual qualification during your study. You can complete this qualification and ICT30120 Certificate III in Information Technology [Web Development], talk to staff when you enrol.
Benefits of the dual qualification include:
- Broadening your employment opportunities within the IT sector
- Furthering your skills to qualify you for a range of higher level qualifications
- Only need to enrol in one extra cluster of units to do the combined course
- Learn Networking Technologies that will support you in your learning of Cisco, Microsoft & RedHat products at Certificate IV level
- Disassemble and reassemble desktop PCs from their components and learn basic hardware maintenance.
- Advanced settings and features of the client side Windows Operating Systems using Virtual Machines.
- Programming C# gives you a head start in network scripting or more advanced programming languages from the Certificate IV levels.
- Create professional workplace documents using Microsoft Office 2016; Word (word processor), Excel (spreadsheet) and Access (database)
I have the following attributes:
- Strong client focus and a desire to assist others
- Methodical, disciplined and technically minded
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good communication skills
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|OLNA or NAPLAN 9 Band 8||C Grades in Year 10 English and Maths or equivalent||Certificate I or Certificate II|
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred study mode below to get started with your application or enrolment.