AWEP is an employment focused course for clients to learn vocational English needed for the Australian workplace.
To assist AMEP clients with the transition to work in Australia, they can apply for an additional 200 hours of English tuition (including 80 hours of work experience) through the AWEP program.
Topics covered on the course include:
- Workplace English
- Australian workplace practices and culture
- Occupational health and safety
- Workplace communication skills
- Job search techniques
- Writing resumes and letters of applications
- Technology in the workplace
- Computer skills for work
- Equity and fairness at work.
To be eligible for AWEP, clients have to be studying Certificate III in Spoken and Written English (CSWE III) and show commitment.
AWEP is also known as Settlement Language Pathways to Employment and Training (SLPET)