8 September 2023
Congratulations to our 2022 Advanced Diploma of Graphic Design graduate Zoey Portilla who was announced as the National INTERACT- Vocational Category winner at the Design Institute of Australia's Graduate of the Year Awards (GOTYA) last night.
GOTYA is Australia’s flagship program for emerging designers in traditional disciplines, supporting and celebrating them as they embark on their careers.
This year students were spread across three new multidisciplinary categories, Place, Use and Interact, to reflect the changing industry trends and technological advancements.
Finalists came from product design, interior design, jewellery design, textile design, visual communication design, furniture design and interior decoration.
Congratulations to our other graduates who also received commendations on the night.
PLACE - Vocational Category
- Sophie Giraud, Interior Design
USE - Vocational Category
- Reanna Arakua, Fashion Design
- Luke Seth, Product Design
- Ellery Stevens, Textile Design
Congratulations to all of our students who were finalists in the awards. Read the Design Institute of Australia's article(opens in a new tab) .
If you want to follow in these outstanding students' footprints, applications to study in 2024 are now open(opens in a new tab) .
- Zoey Portilla with her GOTYA award.
- Reanna Arakua and Ellery Stevens celebrate their commendations.
- Luke Seth with his lecturers after receiving the commendation.
- Sophie Giraud is awarded a commendation.