Explore the way paint can achieve different effects
This course will introduce you to the fundamentals of painting. You will learn the correct procedure for colour mixing and paint application. Each participant will be taken through a series of exercises to help them acquire the skills for painting. The course will conclude with the production of a still life painting.
- Participants must wear enclosed shoes e.g. sneakers or leather type shoes
You will need to bring
- Apron or oversized shirt
- Own brushes (optional)
Topics covered in this course include:
- Colour, colour mixing and matching
- The expressive potential of colour
- Black and white still life - familiarising yourself with basic paint application and manipulation
- Paint a masterpiece - exercise in colour and composition
- Still life painting
Classes run Wednesdays, from 6:00pm.
Next course starts 10 February.
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred option below to get started with your application.