Explore the way paint can achieve different effects
This course will introduce you to the fundamentals of painting. You will learn the correct procedure for colour mixing and paint application. Each participant will be taken through a series of exercises to help them acquire the skills for painting. The course will conclude with the production of a still life painting.
- Participants must wear enclosed shoes e.g. sneakers or leather type shoes
You will need to bring
- Apron or oversized shirt
- Own brushes (optional)
Topics covered in this course include:
- Colour, colour mixing and matching
- The expressive potential of colour
- Black and white still life - familiarising yourself with basic paint application and manipulation
- Paint a masterpiece - exercise in colour and composition
- Still life painting
Classes run Wednesdays, from 6:00pm.
Next course starts 10 February.
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period. Some year-long courses might have a bigger fee load in the first semester.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses, or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.