A comprehensive foundation
This course will introduce you to the essentials of working in a library. You'll gain skills in communication and customer service, searching databases, as well as basic IT troubleshooting and staging public activities and events.
This course is delivered fully online.
You'll gain these skills:
- Communication and customer service - identify needs and priorities of customers, communicate with the customer and respond to customer feedback and complaints.
- Database and search engine searching - review a range of databases, and develop the skills necessary to formulate effective search strategies.
- Basic IT troubleshooting - covers client information and communications technology problems.
- Team work and workplace training - working with others, and learn workplace training techniques.
- Staging public activities and events - develop a program of events, and produce a project plan and run sheet.
- Library information literacy - includes independent learning and keeping up to date within the library industry
To enrol in this course you will need to have:
- Sound English language skills
- Ability to use computers efficiently and autonomously
The course lecturer, has 30 years industry experience and over 15 years of experience training students enrolled in Library and Information Services award courses at North Metropolitan TAFE. She also provides training to government professionals.
Next course intake
Term 1, 2022
To register your interest for future intakes of this course please email PACintech@nmtafe.wa.edu.au