Gain the essentials of digital recording
Whether you're a seasoned musician or starting out as a singer/songwriter, this short course will enable you to learn how to craft and record your song using an interface and music software.
You'll cover how to:
- Plug an instrument or microphone into an audio interface and record sound and how specific software works
- Record a sound without noticeable distortion and the use of plug-ins, such as reverb, delay, eq, and compression.
- Create an arrangement using different tempos and time signatures.
- Arrange a song using standard formats, such as intro, verse, chorus.
- Insert and record virtual instruments.
- Creatively use effects for the purpose of completing a song.
- Bounce a song to disk and the appropriate file format.
- Introduction to a range of music software such as Garage Band, Logic, ProTools and relevant audio interfaces
- Create a range of tracks for the purpose of recording instruments such as guitar, bass, keyboard and vocals
- Record a range of audio tracks, overdub, plug-ins and balancing faders
- Introduction to click trac and editing techniques, such as copy and paste, and basic arranging
- Intro to Virtual Instruments and MIDI
- Auxiliary tracks, bussing effects and automation
- Mix a song and finalise it for distribution
Duration 4 weeks
Timetable 4 Wednesdays, 6.00pm - 9.00pm
Course datees 4 - 25 August
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred option below to get started with your application.