Gain the skills you need to carve out a career in barbering
If you want to help men look and feel their best, successful completion of this qualification will provide you with the technical skills and knowledge required to work as a barber in the men's grooming industry. You'll learn the essentials needed to work in the men's grooming industry.
The Certificate III in Barbering is an apprenticeship, please see the Apprenticeships section for more information.
- Designing and creating haircuts
- Designing and maintaining beards and moustaches
- Shaving heads and faces
- Health, safety, hygiene
- Financial and retail skills to work in a salon
I have the following attributes:
- Excellent attitude, enthusiastic, motivated and patient
- Good health with no skin allergies
- Good hand-eye coordination and attention to detail
- Able to consult with clients and listen to their needs
- Want to work in the personal services industry
Follow the link to find further information to help you make an informed choice about the suitability of this course.
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|OLNA or NAPLAN 9 Band 8||C Grades in Year 10 English and Maths or equivalent||Certificate I or Certificate II|
You must be employed in a training contract (apprenticeship) by an appropriate organisation to study.
Study can be adjusted to suit your workplace. Training options include:
- Block release programs
- Workplace training programs
- Day release training programs
- Trade Skills Recognition (TSR) - for those already working in the men's grooming industry who are seeking a qualification
Please note this list should be used as a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
The Certificate IV in Hairdressing is a post trade qualification so you must be able to produce a current Certificate III in Hairdressing or equivalent, and have at least one year post-qualification full time employment experience as a hairdresser in a salon environment to study this course.
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred option below to get started with your application.
Semester 1, 2022
Balga - Apprenticeship
|When||Semester 1, 2022|
Semester 2, 2021
Balga - Apprenticeship
|When||Semester 2, 2021|