Are you looking to get ahead in a stylish career?
When you complete the Certificate IV In Hairdressing you'll have the advanced skills required to further your hairdressing career. You will gain the specialist knowledge and skills to incorporate and further current creative trends and lead teams.
This is a post trade qualification.
- Design and produce creative haircuts
- Complex and creative colouring
- Straightening and hair extensions
- Hair products
- Technical leadership
- Workplace health and safety
I have the following attributes:
- Creative flair
- A keen eye for detail and good hand eye co-ordination
- Well presented, reliable, punctual, professional, enthusiastic and flexible
- Strong communication skills
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|C Grades in Year 11 WACE General English, and OLNA; or NAPLAN 9 Band 8||C Grades in Year 11 English and Maths or equivalent||Certificate II or Certificate III|
You must be able to produce a current Certificate III in Hairdressing or equivalent, and have at least one year post-qualification full time employment experience as a hairdresser in a salon environment to study this course.
Other job titles may include:
- Hair Stylist
- Team Leader
- Technical Adviser
- Session Stylist | Freelance Session Stylist
Please note this list should be used as a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
Estimated Course Fee
Estimated Concession Fee
Eligible for VSL
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period. Some year-long courses might have a bigger fee load in the first semester.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses, or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred study mode below to get started with your application or enrolment.