Printing the course overview will compile the details for all availabilities into a single PDF file without the units attached. If you want to print the units out for one or multiple availabilities then select the checkboxes below.
Increase your confidence and develop your English language skills
This course is for people from non-English speaking backgrounds.
The Certificate I in EAL (Access) will help you to develop English language speaking, listening, reading and writing skills for everyday personal and social situations. The course electives will give you relevant social, settlement and numeracy skills and knowledge.
This course aims to improve your academic skills to undertake further training and education, and increase your employment opportunities.
EAL = English as an Additional Language
- Reading, writing, speaking and listening skills
- Computing skills
- Knowledge of Australian culture including workplace
- Teamwork, collaboration and negotiation
I have the following attributes:
- A desire to develop English language skills directly related to immediate personal and social needs
- A desire to prepare for participation in further English language study
No limitations to entry based on gender and physical ability, social or educational background.
Once your appointment has been confirmed you will be sent an email telling you what to bring and information about social distancing rules which you will need to follow.
You will need to bring:
- Passport or VISA
- Unique Student Identifier (USI). The USI is available online at no cost and will stay with you for life. It will be recorded with any nationally recognised course that is undertaken. You must apply for your USI before coming to accept your place and enrol (visit www.usi.gov.au and go to Create your USI),
- 1 support person if necessary
- Payment can be made by Credit/Debit Card – NO CASH
In order to comply with COVID-19 Government social distancing guidelines, you will NOT be able to:
- Bring children or more than one family member OR support person
- Make payment for your course in cash
This course provides support to students who have English as a second language (ESL) - it is not occupationally specific.
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred study mode below to get started with your application or enrolment.