Almost every business has an office — and there's no shortage of job opportunities here
From administration work through to customer service, using business technology, dealing with accounts and finances through to digital marketing — you just need to be skills ready.
The Business Ready Skill Set will give you basic skills and knowledge required to deliver aspects of customer service including how to create a relationship with customers, identify their needs, deliver services or products and process customer feedback. You'll also learn how to use business technology and produce business documents, follow work health and safety (WHS) and emergency procedures and instructions, and use computer software and organise electronic information and data.
This skill set is available for free to residents of Western Australia who fall into one of the following categories.
- Persons aged 15—24 years at the time of enrolment (excluding students enrolled at school)
- Persons and dependents of persons receiving JobKeeper payment
- Persons and dependents of persons in receipt of services from one of the following Commonwealth support or employment services programs:
- Online Employment Services
- Persons and dependents of persons receiving the Youth Allowance, AUSTUDY or ABSTUDY
- Persons and dependents of persons holding:
- a pensioner concession card or Health Care Card; or
- a Repatriation Health Benefits Card issued by the Department of Veterans' Affairs
- Dependents of persons who are inmates of a custodial institution.
Who is not eligible
- Persons living outside of Western Australia, or Australia, are not eligible.
- International students and people on a student visa are not eligible.
- Students who are still at school are not eligible and cannot enrol in the free skill sets.
The Department of Training and Workforce Development’s VET Fees and charges policy(opens in a new tab) - outlines eligibility for subsidised training in WA.
Please note this skill set is designed for students wanting to enter into a business role or further studies in a business or a related field. If you have previously studied a Business qualification (Certificate II or higher) you might find you have already gained these skills.
Online Delivery is self-paced with compulsory weekly Collaborate Ultra sessions on Tuesdays.
This course will next be offered in semester 1, 2022.
Please note If you are not eligible for fee free training, the following fees apply.
* Tuition fees only; resources fees may also apply.
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period. Some year-long courses might have a bigger fee load in the first semester.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses (such as short courses), or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred option below to get started with your application.