Video instructions - How to activate your Office 365 account(opens in a new tab)
All students must activate their Office 365 account to access NMTAFE emails, timetables and online course content.
Please note it could take up to 48 hours after enrolment for your account to become active.
Students have access to Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel and PowerPoint, which can be used via a web browser or downloaded on up to five devices, and 1TB of data storage in OneDrive.
Student passwords expire EVERY 90 days. This affects ALL SYSTEMS including Blackboard, Office 365 (student email) and the Student Portal. If you haven’t been able to change your password before it expired, please contact us on 1300 300 822 to reset it.
If you have issues logging in, or for more information on accessing your student email account, see the following guides:
- Allow at least 48 hours from the time of enrolment before attempting to log in to ensure that your account has been activated.
- Use only your student email and not personal email to log in, eg: StudentID@tafe.wa.edu.au (as per the guide)
- Ensure you are using your Student ID and not another ID. Student IDs will look like a letter followed by 6 digits, e.g. J001111 or 8 numbers beginning with 2, eg 20001111 (as per guide)
- Attempt logging in with just your date of birth (DDMMYYYY) in place of the generic password advised in the guide
- If you have attempted the above and are still experiencing problems accessing Office 365, please contact our call centre via email@example.com or phone 1300 300 822 and they will reset your password for you. You can also call or attend any of our libraries for your password reset.