Printing the course overview will compile the details for all availabilities into a single PDF file without the units attached. If you want to print the units out for one or multiple availabilities then select the checkboxes below.
Bricklaying Job Ready Program
Do you have a positive attitude and work well in teams? Are you interested in joining the WA residential construction sector?
The four-week Bricklaying Job Ready program aims to provide a pipeline of bricklayers to meet the needs of WA’s booming building industry. The program takes a unique approach, combining a three-week short course with a four-day work placement with an employer, which may lead to a bricklaying apprenticeship.
Be part of Western Australia’s $147 million program, which will generate construction work to last through 2022.
The three-week short course teaches:
- work safety practices
- how to use a range of construction equipment and tools; and
- skills to work in a construction team.
During your work placement, you will:
- gain real, hands on industry experience; and
- secure a ‘foot in the door’ by working with an employer.
By completing this program, you may:
- be offered a bricklaying apprenticeship with your work placement employer;
- be deemed suitable for other employment opportunities within the residential construction sector; or
- decide to undertake further training.
You will attend three weeks of intensive full time training (4–5 days per week) and a four-day work placement with an employer.
Course start dates
Balga - 9 August, 11 October
Clarkson - 8 November
Complete the program and become job ready to join the bricklaying workforce.
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred option below to get started with your application.