Keen to take the lead in construction?
You'll gain the skills and knowledge needed to identify and assess a range of building and construction techniques, including concreting, brickwork, carpentry, electrical services, plumbing and drainage, tiling, ceiling fixing and painting. Once you successfully complete this short course running on Tuesday and Thursday evenings you'll receive a Certificate of Participation.
You will need to have safety goggles, gloves and safety shoes but no previous experience is necessary. All tools and materials will be supplied.
Classes are run over nine sessions on Tuesday evenings, 5:30pm - 8.30pm.
2021 course dates
Semester 1, 23/02 - 23/03
Semester 2, 10/08 - 07/09
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period. Some year-long courses might have a bigger fee load in the first semester.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses, or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred study mode below to get started with your application or enrolment.