An introduction to drawing
This course is an introduction to basic approaches and materials used in drawing. It is intended to give beginners a foundation to work from, as well as a refresher course for those who already have some skills and experience. The aim is help you develop your drawing skills, hand-eye co-ordination and exploration of your own creativity. You'll be introduced to exercises in still-life (objects), linear perspective, portraits, expression and life-drawing (nude or draped model). The range of materials includes pencils, graphite, charcoal, ink and papers.
You will be supplied with basic materials for drawing (paper, charcoal, ink, pencils, and erasers) during the class. You are welcome to bring along any further drawing materials that you already have and would like to explore in the class.
- You must wear enclosed shoes e.g. sneakers or leather type shoes
Classes run Tuesdays, from 6:00pm.
Next course starts 9 February 2021.
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period. Some year-long courses might have a bigger fee load in the first semester.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses, or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.