Printing the course overview will compile details for all study options into a single file without units.
Are you looking for a security career with current skills?
When you complete the Certificate III in Security Equipment you'll be looking at a career as a security equipment tradesperson.
You will gain the knowledge and practical skills to work effectively in the security industry, installing large and small security systems, including CCTV.
The Certificate III in Security Equipment is an apprenticeship; please see the Apprenticeships section for more information.
- Program and commission commercial security and closed circuit television systems
- Troubleshoot circuits
- Work with wired and wireless systems
- Work with drawings, diagrams, schedules, standards, codes, and specifications
- Workplace health and safety
I have the following attributes:
- Good communication skills
- Able to follow plans and instructions, and solve problems
- Good hand-eye coordination
- Enjoy and have an aptitude for technical and engineering activities
- Honest and trustworthy
This course is an apprenticeship, you must be employed in a training contract by an appropriate organisation to study.
Apprentices must obtain a conditional installers license as required by WA Police Force Licensing and Compliance Unit.
You will need to bring the following when attending on campus training:
- Safety glasses
- Safety gloves (Cut 2 Resistant)
- Safety-cap work shoes/boots
- A scientific calculator
Safety glasses and gloves ($10) will be stocked and available for sale (if needed) on the following campuses:
- East Perth
You must also purchase the hard copy edition of the following textbooks before attending your first class:
- Electrical Principles, 5th Edition - 9780170458412 - Australia (cengage.com)
It is however cheaper to buy both books as a Value pack
Cengage offers a 10% discount if you use the code WOW10 at checkout.
This list should be used as a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
Please note You can visit one of our four Jobs and Skills Centres located at NMT's Balga, Joondalup, Midland and Perth campuses for free career planning advice and job search support.
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred option below to get started with your application.
Semester 1, 2024
Balga - Apprenticeship
|When||Semester 1, 2024|
Enquiries regarding fees can be made by calling us.
This form is only for course enquiries. If you would like to apply, please refer to the Study options and next steps section above.