We want to see you succeed. We hope that prior to making the important decision to withdraw, you have explored all options available to support you in continuing your studies.

Consider the following options:

  • If the course is not what you expected, some academic components are challenging or you wish to look at reducing your study load, discuss options with your Head of Programs.
  • If you are finding it difficult to meet financial commitments contact Client Services.
  • If you are not coping with your studies the Supporting students wellbeing page has links to resources and information about referral services. Or if you require additional support relating to a disability, or a health condition contact Disability Support.

Centrelink and Transperth Concessions

To be eligible for Centrelink payments for studying and concessions on public transport, students must be enrolled in a full time load. Withdrawing from your course or units may impact on these entitlements.

International Students

If you are an international student you must be enrolled full time as a condition of your student visa. If there are exceptional circumstances you may be granted permission to reduce your study load. Please contact the International Centre – do not complete the withdrawal form.

Recommencing studies

If you withdraw from your course, you must re-apply to study in the future.


Before withdrawing, please be aware of the refund policy, summarised below.

Withdrawal on or before census date

  • Certificate I to IV – refund of 100% tuition fee and 50% of the resource fee
  • Diploma – refund of 100% tuition and resource fee

Please note that for Certificate I to IV courses, 50% of the resource fee will be retained even if classes are yet to commence.

Students on a payment plan will receive a refund of fees paid if they are over the amount owed, or will have their payment plan adjusted to the new amount owed.

Withdrawal after census date

  • All courses - no refund

Students on a payment plan will need to continue with their payments until all fees are paid. Students on a VET Student Loan will have the fees deferred to their loan.

The census dates for each unit are available on your Confirmation of Enrolment. This will have been emailed to you at the time of enrolment.  Should you require a replacement, please contact Client Services.

If you have definitely made the decision to withdraw, you will need to proceed to the withdrawal form below. This is the only official way to withdraw from your studies. 

Advising lecturers and staff or just no longer attending classes does not mean you have withdrawn and will result in financial and academic penalties.

Personal details
Personal details
If you are under 18 your parent or guardian must email their consent to withdrawals@nmtafe.wa.edu.au

Withdrawal details
I wish to withdraw from:
Please provide unit/s number and name (refer to your enrolment summary for details).
Tick the most appropriate situation

If you tick yes, the Jobs and Skills Center will contact you to advise of the career services available.
Do you identify as an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander?

Please read and agree to proceed
I understand that upon withdrawal I may not be entitled to a credit/refund after the enrolments census date except in extenuating circumstances. I may still be liable for outstanding fees as per the VET Fees and Charges policy (including fees deferred via VET Student Loans).
Please attach any additional documents
Maximum 5 files.
10 MB limit.
Allowed types: jpg, png, tif, pdf.