Skip to main content
Menu Menu

White cards

A White Card is evidence that you have completed a General Construction Induction course or White Card course.  This course is mandatory for anyone who works or wants to work in the construction industry. 

The White Card course is nationally recognised and is incorporated into any construction related qualifications undertaken at North Metropolitan TAFE. 

Upon successful completion of the unit of competency CPCWHS1001 – Prepare to work safely in the construction industry, students will be issued with a White Card.

These White Card records are entered into a National Database Managed by the Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety.  More information about construction induction and the white card can be found on their Construction Induction page.

Lost cards

If you have lost your card and require a replacement, you must first identify the Registered Training Organisation that issued you with your construction induction or blue card and contact them to have it replaced.  If you are unsure who issued the card you can find out at Worksafe WA's Construction Induction Training Card Database.
If your card was issued by one of the following providers:

  • North Metropolitan TAFE
  • Central Institute of Technology
  • Polytechnic West (Balga & Midland Campuses)
  • West Coast Institute

You may request a replacement from North Metropolitan TAFE.  

In accordance with Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety requirements photo ID is required for collection of replacement cards.  Cards cannot be posted.  Therefore you will need to attend the Client Services area at Perth, Balga or Midland campuses.
Students wanting to collect a replacement card from East Perth or Joondalup should contact Client Services first to arrange your replacement card.
Please note that replacement cards requested at Joondalup and East Perth will have a 4-5 day turnaround.
Joondalup - 9233 1783
East Perth - 6211 2050

The cost of replacement is $30.

If the RTO that issued your cards is no longer operating, you will need to provide a statement of attainment (for course CPCWHS1001, or equivalent) issued by the RTO and present it to North Metropolitan TAFE to enable a re-issue of a general construction induction card.

If you cannot find your details, the name of the RTO, and cannot find your Statement of Attainment, you will need to undertake Construction Induction Training.