Please read the following terms and condition that govern your enrolment with North Metropolitan TAFE.
Student code of conduct
The Student Code of Conduct defines what is required of students with regard to student academic integrity and personal behaviour, what constitutes misconduct and the sanctions that can be imposed.
I agree to comply with the Student Code of Conduct and acknowledge that a breach of the Code may result in suspension or expulsion from North Metropolitan TAFE.
State funded places are available only to permanent residents and holders of select visa subclasses. Non-residents must pay commercial fees. If on a student visa, you must apply through TAFE International WA (TIWA).
Provision of information
I will obtain a Unique Student Identifier (USI) and provide this to North Metropolitan TAFE. I will provide statistical information as requested as part of my enrolment and understand that should I not provide this information that my enrolment may be cancelled. I will keep my personal information up to date while I have an active course enrolment.
I understand that if I am in receipt of a Youth Allowance or Austudy/Abstudy, I must maintain a full-time study load to remain eligible for these payments. I agree to advise Centrelink immediately if I: amend or reduce my enrolled hours; change my course of study; stop studying; commence employment; change hours of work or employment income; or change address.
More information can be found on the Department of Human Services website at Services Australia.
Payment of fees
I understand that I am required to pay my fees in full at the time of enrolment OR enter into a payment plan arrangement OR commit to a VET Student Loan (only available on selected qualifications at Diploma level or above). Visit our Fees and payments page for more information.
If I have entered into a payment plan, which is a legally binding agreement with North Metropolitan TAFE, I am required to have sufficient funds to pay the agreed instalments on the due date. Defaulting on my instalments / payments will result additional penalties being charged. Arrangements must be made to pay outstanding instalments to avoid access to North Metropolitan TAFE services being cancelled. I understand that should I default on my payment the matter will be referred to a debt collection agency.
If I enrol in a unit that I have previously passed I understand that I will be charged at a fee-for-service rate.
If my employer or another third party agency has nominated to pay my fees, they are required to complete an Authority to Invoice.
North Metropolitan TAFE will invoice my employer/third party directly for the fees. I understand, however that I accept full responsibility and am liable for the payment of all fees and charges relating to my enrolment at North Metropolitan TAFE should the employer or third party decide not to pay.
Parking permit fees are applicable at Joondalup, McLarty, Balga and Midland campuses and further information is available from the Student Service counters of these campuses. Should an ambulance be called to assist me whilst on North Metropolitan TAFE grounds I acknowledge that I am responsible for all associated costs.
North Metropolitan TAFE reserves the right to;
- Cancel classes if there is insufficient student numbers enrolled. Where this occurs prior to course commencement a full refund of monies paid will be provided.
- Combine classes of a similar nature where insufficient student demand occurs through the course.
- Offer alternative delivery options if possible (such as online or workplace learning) if a class cannot run due to insufficient numbers.
If I choose not to continue with my studies I understand that I must formally withdraw in writing or in person at a Student Services counter. Until I withdraw from the unit/course, I understand that my enrolment remains active and I will receive a re-enrol result if I do not formally withdraw.
Please note Prior to withdrawing North Metropolitan TAFE encourages you to speak with your lecturer, Head of Programs or Student Services Officer to ensure that withdrawal is the right option for you. We have a range of support services to assist you during your studies.
A full refund is granted if a course or unit is cancelled or rescheduled to a time unsuitable to the student OR a student is not given a place due to maximum number of places being reached OR other circumstances as determined by North Metropolitan TAFE.
VET students who withdraw formally on or before the census date for their unit/s will receive a full refund of the course fee for the unit/s and:
- 50% refund of the resource fee if the unit/s are Certificate I to IV
- A full refund of the resource fee if the unit/s are Diploma or Advanced Diploma.
If entitled to a refund, payments already made will be reimbursed or the corresponding debt will be remitted if on VET FEE HELP or VET Student Loans. No incidental fees are refunded.
Important Please review your enrolment and be aware of the census date for your unit/s.
The above refund policy does not apply to commercial or short courses, commercial fee visa subclass students or International students. See the North Metropolitan TAFE Refund Policy.
I agree to access my student results via the student management system and understand that results will not be given over the phone. I acknowledge that if I have enrolled in assessable units or examinable subjects and do not complete the assessment requirements I will receive a re-enrol result.
If I require an official copy of my results before completing my course, I can request a copy by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
At the completion of my course I will respond to correspondence requesting verification of my personal details and my award will be posted to me. I can also apply online on the North Metropolitan TAFE website.
I acknowledge that if I have not paid my course fees in full or have breached the Student Code of Conduct that I may not be permitted to re/enrol in further units of study.
Under the Data Provision Requirements 2012, NMT is required to collect personal information about you and to disclose that personal information to the National Centre for Vocational Education Research Ltd (NCVER).
Your personal information (including the personal information contained on this enrolment form and your training activity data) may be used or disclosed by NMT for statistical, regulatory and research purposes. NMT may disclose your personal information for these purposes to third parties, including:
- School – if you are a secondary student undertaking VET, including a school-based apprenticeship or traineeship;
- Employer – if you are enrolled in training paid by your employer;
- Commonwealth and State or Territory government departments and authorised agencies;
- Organisations conducting student surveys; and
Personal information disclosed to NCVER may be used or disclosed for the following purposes:
- Issuing a VET Statement of Attainment or VET Qualification, and populating Authenticated VET Transcripts;
- Facilitating statistics and research relating to education, including surveys;
- Understanding how the VET market operates, for policy, workforce planning and consumer information; and
- Administering VET, including program administration, regulation, monitoring and evaluation.
You may receive an NCVER student survey which may be administered by an NCVER employee, agent or third party contractor. You may opt out of the survey at the time of being contacted.
NCVER will collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), the VET Data Policy and all NCVER policies and protocols (including those published on NCVER’s website at ncver.edu.au
- I have read and understood these obligations and conditions governing my enrolment at North Metropolitan TAFE; and certify that all information provided is true and accurate; and agree to abide by the above conditions, the college’s By-laws, policies and the Student Code of Conduct.
- I declare that the information I have provided to the best of my knowledge is true and correct. I understand it is an offence to give incorrect residency, identity or USI details to access a State funded place.
- I consent to the collection, use and disclosure of my personal information in accordance with the Privacy Notice above.
- I have read the information on the NMT website regarding refunds and understand the refund policy. I acknowledge that, subject to the Refund Policy, if I am on a payment plan that I may be liable for unpaid fees even if I withdraw.
- I grant permission for NMT to use Testimonials, Photo, Video etc in which I might appear or my work might appear for the purpose of printed and online marketing communications. I understand that if I do not want this to occur I need to advise at that time.