At North Metropolitan TAFE we can help you achieve your goals through a range of full-time and part-time courses specifically designed for people with an intellectual or learning disability or mental health condition.
These specialty programs include additional support such as:
- Workplace literacy and numeracy
- Workplace requirements and job seeking skills
- Introduction to computing
- Tutorial support
- Structured work placement.
We also offer small class sizes, increased contact hours, excellent resources and highly experienced lecturers who work closely with specialist employment agencies.
How to apply
Courses are available at either our Joondalup or Leederville campuses. Click on the campus below to see the courses offered there.
Applicants are selected by interview, which may include an academic assessment. You only need to attend one (1) interview, even if you are interested in more than one course. To apply click the button below and complete the registration form.
Note You will need to have a Unique Student Identifier (USI) before you can enrol in any course at North Metropolitan TAFE. A USI is free and available from the following Government website, www.usi.gov.au
See our Disability Programs Overview (458 KB) (PDF document) for a summary of all the courses being run at Joondalup and Leederville campuses.
Or choose one of the campus options below, then click on the course that interests you for more detailed information.
- Literacy Skill Sets (141 KB) (PDF document)
- Literacy Intro
- Literacy Level 1
- Maths & Numeracy Skill Sets (141 KB) (PDF document)
- CGEA Maths Introduction Skill Set
- CGEA Certificate 1 in Maths - Level 1 Skill Set
- Computing Skill Sets
- Pre-Driver Education (Keys for Life) Skill Set (514 KB) (PDF document)
- Visual Arts Skill Sets (CUA20720 Certificate II in Visual Arts) (436 KB) (PDF document)
- Visual Arts - Ceramics & Sculpture Skill Set
- Visual Arts - Drawing & Mixed Media Skill Set
Full-time courses - Course level
- 52876WA Course in Gaining Access to Training and Employment (GATE) (Introductory) - Introduction to Gardening & Nursery Work (817 KB) (PDF document)
Full-Time courses - Certificate I level
- SIR10116 Certificate I in Retail Services + Hospitality (177 KB) (PDF document)
- 22576VIC Certificate I in Transition Education (167 KB) (PDF document)
Full-Time courses - Certificate II level
- ICT20120 Certificate II in Applied Digital Technologies (176 KB) (PDF document)
- BSB20120 Certificate II in Workplace Skills (1 MB) (PDF document)
- SIR20216 Certificate II in Retail Services [for continuing students who have completed the Certificate I in Retail Services + Hospitality]