Complete two direct client care qualifications to increase your chance of employment
Enrol in our partnership program with Hall & Prior Health and Aged Care Group to undertake training to meet the complex needs of people in highly specialised residential aged care. Build your skills and increase your employment opportunities to work in this growing and rewarding sector by completing this dual qualification.
- (CHC33015) Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing)
- (HLT33115) Certificate III in Health Service Assistance (Acute Care)
To be eligible for the dual qualification you must apply to TAFE Admissions and receive an offer to study one of the above courses.
About the course
This double qualification focuses on Hall & Prior policies and procedures to ensure you are well prepared to pursue a career pathway.
You will learn skills and knowledge to:
- Provide person centred support to people living with dementia and/or other mental health conditions
- Encourage participation in community, social and personal relationships and persons areas of interest
- Support the dignity and choice of people
- Provide culturally safe care
- Provide support to registered nurses with ongoing assessment, monitoring and implementation of client care
- Tailor personal and clinical care to optimise health and well being
- Respond to deterioration of an individual’s function, capacity or condition
- Minimise infection related risk
- Document and communicate conditions, needs and preferences.
What the program involves
- 7-month duration
- For the first 4 weeks attendance at Mt Lawley campus for 4 days per week is required
- From week 4 through to week 27 you will complete 2 days per week work placement at a Hall & Prior facility as well as attending1 day per week at Mt Lawley campus
- Online learning requirement of 1 day per week including some online assessments
About Hall & Prior
Hall & Prior is a provider of high quality residential and community care to older Australians. Hall & Prior operate 13 residential care homes in the Perth metropolitan area.
With flexible permanent part-time employment options, all Hall & Prior staff receive above award rates of pay and other benefits including access to up to 7-weeks annual leave per year. Hall & Prior staff have access to continuing education, including the option of upgrading your qualifications to become an advanced practice/care supervisor.
Find out more about what it’s like working for Hall & Prior(opens in a new tab)