Please fill in your details below to apply for a Skills Ready skill set at North Metropolitan TAFE.
Once we have received your application, we will assess your eligibility and provide you with further instructions for enrolment.
Applications will be considered for the next available start date.
International students are not eligible to apply for these skill sets.
The WA State Government, through Jobs and Skills WA, subsidises vocational education and training (VET) courses in priority areas, to reduce or remove the fees and make training more accessible to all Western Australians.
From 1 January 2023, the Job Ready skill sets are all 100% fee-free to people who have left school*, have their primary place of residence in Western Australia, and are either:
- an Australian citizen; or
- a permanent visa holder or holder of visa subclass 309, 444, 449, 785, 786, 790, or 820; or
- a dependent or spouse of the primary holder of a visa subclass 457 or 482; or
- a bridging visa holder who has made a valid application for a visa subclass 866; or
- a Bridging Visa E holder (subclasses 050 and 051) who has made a valid application for a visa subclass 785 or 790.
* In 2023, Year 12 school students who are leaving school can access a subsidised training place from 23 October 2023.
Through to 31 December 2022 Job Ready skill sets available under Skills Ready are fee-free to the following concession - eligible residents of Western Australia.
- Persons aged 15 — 24 years at the time of enrolment (excluding students enrolled at school*)
- Persons and dependents of persons in receipt of services from Commonwealth support or employment services programs Workforce Australia, or ParentsNext
- Persons and dependents of persons receiving the Youth Allowance, AUSTUDY or ABSTUDY
- Persons and dependents of persons holding a pensioner concession card or Health Care Card; or a Repatriation Health Benefits Card issued by the Department of Veterans' Affairs
- Dependents of persons who are inmates of a custodial institution
*In 2022, Year 12 school students who are leaving school can access a subsidised training place from 24 October 2022.
*Please note: Some eligibility conditions apply for the free training, see our FAQs(opens in a new tab) for more information.
The Department of Training and Workforce Development’s VET Fees and charges policy outlines eligibility for subsidised training in WA.