This LSP has been prepared in compliance with the Disability Discrimination Act 1992 and the Disability Standards for Education 2005.
In considering the following support requests and reasonable adjustments, should they compromise the inherent requirements of a course, or if further discussion is required, please don’t hesitate to contact me. For further information see North Metropolitan TAFE’s Disability Support Policy(opens in a new tab) (PCY133).
- Please let the Disability Support Office know as soon as possible if your support needs or circumstances change:
- You must attend all your scheduled classes (if applicable) to ensure you get the full benefit from your studies. If you are sick it is important you notify your lecturer and tell them when you expect to return to your scheduled class (if applicable).
- If you need an extension of time to complete an assignment or assessment, you must talk to your lecturer to negotiate an agreed date or time. Extensions of time for assignments must be arranged with your lecturer before the due date.
- If you are receiving one-to-one support (Interpreter, note-taker, scribe) your support worker will only wait 20 minutes for you unless you inform the Disability Support Office.
If you miss two (2) classes in a row and don’t inform the Disability Support Office, your support worker will be cancelled until you meet with Disability Support to discuss any barriers you are experiencing.
- The approval of the LSP indicates you are accessing the services of Disability Support.
To ensure funding is appropriately allocated to Disability Support you consent to the disclosure of disability on your confidential enrolment questionnaire. Disclosure on this questionnaire ensures funding is appropriately allocated to Disability Support and is for the purposes of the provision of its services to you.