North Metropolitan TAFE offers a dynamic training consultancy service to local and international governments, industry and educational institutions.
We can conduct a training needs analysis to identify training gaps within your organisation and work with you to develop a workplace development or training plan.
We have the capacity to manage large projects underpinned by highly experienced staff and quality project management systems.
We have experts in designing and implementing vocational education and training systems and frameworks, including competency based training and assessment systems and quality assurance and improvement systems.
We have extensive expertise in training design and development, including:
- Delivering innovative training programs and deploying both accredited and non-accredited courses/skill sets
- Designing innovative and cost-effective training solutions
- Developing teaching/learning and assessment resources aligned to industry standards and recognised as among the best in the world
- Applying contemporary competency based learning techniques
- Designing programs that teach both technical and soft skills
- Designing and deploying national, industry, or company competency frameworks
- Designing and producing learning materials in a variety of media, including online solutions.
We have experts in evaluating training models and programs and recommending improvements.
Training your workforce
We can offer units or qualifications that are accredited and nationally recognised, as well as an array of non-accredited corporate courses.
Skills and competencies gained from nationally recognised courses are fully transferable from position to position and from state to state in Australia.
Our programs reflect the different learning styles of the students; some learners do better in an interactive environment, some learn best on the job while online training can be invaluable for staff in remote or regional areas.
We can assist you to access the latest Government funding initiatives to support your training needs.
Experienced existing staff can have their skills formally acknowledged through Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).
Our consultants can assess the training levels of your staff and identify gaps in skills. Programs can be customised to your organisation to meet these training needs.
Showcasing partnerships - Community
We’ve worked with non-for-profit group Brightwater to offer a unique work placement program for students studying disability support.
The program saw students work two days each week at Brightwater to become familiar with the workplace and its clients, and attend college one day each week to consolidate their skills and knowledge in the classroom.
Over half of the student cohort were offered employment prior to finishing the qualification and the program was so successful it is being offered in the future to students studying aged care.