Show off your newly found wood working skills
This short course will teach you to build a bedside cabinet.
You'll learn how to use many of the hand tools and power tools used by a cabinet maker. During your first week you'll focus on the various power tools used in the trade, learn about their application. The safe use of tools and Workplace Health and Safety will also be covered.
You'll also cover:
- marking out and cutting timber to size
- methods of joining and fixing timber using glue, nails, screws and bolts
- clamping materials together correctly
- the use of drawer runners and other hardware
- ornate trims and mouldings
Materials and hardware will be supplied. No previous experience required.
You will need to supply your own personal protective equipment (PPE) including safety glasses, earmuffs or ear plugs, dust mask and closed in footwear.
Classes are run over five Tuesday evenings, 6:00pm - 9:00pm.
2021 course dates
Term 3, 03/8 – 31/8
Term 4, 19/10/ – 16/11