Get to grips with welding
Our Welding for Beginners short course will give you an introduction to welding, including safety and workshop procedures.
You'll get a handle on the use of welding equipment such as Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW), Manual Metal Arc Welding (MMAW), oxy cutting and oxy welding in our fully equipped Midland workshop. You'll learn the skills you need to complete basic welding and gas cutting tasks.
You will be required to wear personal protective clothing at all times which includes steel capped safety boots, clear safety glasses, long pants and cotton drill shirt. You will also be required to supply your own long welding gloves, TIG welding gloves, CLEAR face shield (for grinding) and Welding Helmet (can be Dual Shield).
Classes are run either over five Wednesday evenings, 5:30pm - 9:00pm or two full days, Thursday and Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm
2021 course dates
21/07 - 18/08
6/10 - 3/11
Thursdays & Fridays
15/04 - 16/04
9/09 - 10/09
2/12 - 3/12
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period. Some year-long courses might have a bigger fee load in the first semester.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses (such as short courses), or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred study mode below to get started with your application or enrolment.