Gain, upskill, improve skills in Steel Design and Drafting
The training provided in this skill set will help you upskill current skills in steel design and drafting for Civil Engineering, or improve and consolidate CAD skills for steel design drafting learned during your university course or gain new skills needed for redeployment within your organisation.
Gain these skills:
- 3D modelling
- Drafting and designing in civil engineering industry
You may also like to consider study in the Concrete Design and Drafting Skill Set (Civil & Structural)(opens in a new tab)
This course is full and will be offered again in semester 2, 2021.
This skill set requires basic knowledge and skills in AutoCAD and concrete drawings. You'll need to have access to internet and CAD specific workstation to meet requirements and compatibilty of Software Specification for Autocad and Revit.
North Metropolitan TAFE offers you a range of study opportunities, see below for a list of related courses.
Estimated Course Fee
Estimated Concession Fee
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period. Some year-long courses might have a bigger fee load in the first semester.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses (such as short courses), or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.