Do you want to learn new sewing techniques?
If you have completed Sewing 1 or already have basic sewing and cutting skills then you can enrol in Beginner Sewing 2 where you will learn new skills and build confidence with different construction techniques.
During this course you will:
- Construct a unisex pyjama shirt continuing on from the project covered in Sewing 1
- Incorporate new techniques such as button holes, button stand, interfacing, patch pockets, sleeve and collar construction
You must wear enclosed shoes e.g. sneakers or leather type shoes.
What to Bring
For your first lesson you will need:
- 100% cotton fabric with no stretch - either 2.2 metres for short sleeve pyjama option or 2.6 metres for long sleeve option
From week two you will also need to bring along:
- Tape measure (the soft flexible type)
- Fabric marker
- Quick unpick
- Pins and pin cushion
- Fabric scissors
- General paper scissors
- Pen, pencil, ruler, eraser and display book for notes
- A box or container or bag to keep items in
You must know how to thread a sewing machine, wind cotton to a bobbin and be able to confidently cut patterns and sew basic seams.
Classes will run for one Saturday afternoon a week for 6 weeks, 1:00pm - 3:30pm.
This course is usually offered each term (i.e. 4 times a year) and will only run if there are sufficient enrolments.
Timetable information is indicative only and subject to change.
The fees quoted are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis in 2023. Please view the full list of Fee disclaimers.
Please note fees listed include all units required to gain this qualification. If you're a continuing student and have successfully completed a lower-level qualification that is a prerequisite for this course, you'll only pay for the units that you need to enrol in, to complete this course.
Enquiries regarding fees can be made by calling us.
This form is only for course enquiries. If you would like to apply, please refer to the Study options and next steps section above.