Gain the skills required to protect children and young people engaged in community based activities
If you are in contact with children and young people through work or volunteering in a community based group such as a sporting club, dance or martial arts studio, training organisation, or you are working with vulnerable people this course will teach you compliance with the child safety industry, regulatory and organisational requirements. This includes identifying and controlling three child safety risks over an assessment period of one month in a community or simulated community based setting.
- Protect children and young people engaged in community based activities in compliance with the child safety industry, regulatory and organisational requirements
- Identify and control three child safety risks
You will need access to a placement that involves working with children and young people for at least one month.
You must hold a current Working with Children Check (WWC)
This course will be run if there are sufficient enrolments.
If your organisation would like our lecturing staff to deliver this skill set to a group of staff members or clients, please use the Get help form below to make enquiries. We can customise delivery and duration to suit your needs.
This course will enhance job outcomes for those wishing to work in the any industry involving children and young people.
Estimated Course Fee
Estimated Concession Fee
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period. Some year-long courses might have a bigger fee load in the first semester.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses (such as short courses), or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.