Ensuring compliance and quality across the workplace
Our Quality Auditing Skill Set is aimed at Managers, Supervisors, Team Leaders and others responsible for initiating, leading and reporting on internal or external reviews/audits against a pre-determined set of standards (e.g. Aged Care Quality Standards, Registered Training Organisation Standards).
Types of audits include external or internal systems audits or process or product/service audits.
The units that make up this skill set are taken from the Diploma of Quality Auditing.
BSBAUD501 Initiate a quality audit
BSBAUD503 Lead a quality audit
BSBAUD504 Report on a quality audit
The audit process delivered during this skill set is modelled on the Australian Standard AS/NZS ISO 19011:2014: Guidelines for auditing management systems. You'll be able to refer to copies of the Guidleines throughout the training program.
You'll gain the knowledge and skills you require via online presentations and activities over approximately ten weeks. This will be followed by a meeting with your Assessor to discuss the assessment requirements and how to achieve these within your workplace. North Metropolitan TAFE's Assessors possess a wealth of knowledge and experience in the field of quality auditing.
- assessing the scope and objectives of a quality audit commensurate with identified risks
- communicating with the auditee regarding the proposed quality audit
- identifying resources required to conduct the audit
- developing and submitting a quality audit plan
- conducting entry and exit meetings
- identifying and gathering relevant information
- managing audit team resources
- providing feedback to audit team members on their performance
- compiling audit results
- preparing a report for the auditee/client
- negotiating follow up action with the auditee/client
- monitoring and reviewing the auditing system and activities
You will need to be employed in a role where you will be able to perform three audits in your own workplace.
You'll be required to conduct three (3) audits in your own workplace as a Lead Auditor, leading and supervising the work of an audit team. You will be expected to develop the documentation required to support the audit process including audit plans, audit entry and exit meeting agendas, audit checklists and tools and final audit reports.
After completing this skill set, you will have the opportunity to complete the full Diploma of Quality Auditing. You may need to enrol in additional units or you may be eligible for RPL, depending on your current knowledge, experience, training and/or other relevant qualifications.
Total fees $723.75
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period. Some year-long courses might have a bigger fee load in the first semester.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses, or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.