Learn aspects of working in a nursery and plant propagation
This skill set is will give you the skills and knowledge for entry level employment in a nursery centre and covers basic nursery preparation skills for plant propagation and care for nursery plants. It is suitable for anyone wishing to work in Horticulture industry.
Successful completion of this Skill Set will give you credit towards Certificate II Horticulture, Certificate III in Horticulture or Certificate II Conservation and Land Management.
- Propagating plants using various techniques
- Preparing for potting up operations
- Preparing growing media
- Pot up propagated plants
- Completing potting up operation
- Maintain the nursery environment and nursery plants
- Complete nursery plant maintenance operation
25/03 and 01/04/2021, 8:30am - 3:30pm
Please note this list should be used as a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
North Metropolitan TAFE offers you a range of further study opportunities. Training pathways from this course include, but are not limited to, the following qualifications.
Estimated Course Fee
Estimated Concession Fee
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period. Some year-long courses might have a bigger fee load in the first semester.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses, or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred study mode below to get started with your application or enrolment.