Instrumentation Technicians work in many sectors including oil and gas, mining, minerals processing and associated industries.
This PID (proportional integral derivative) skill set will equip you with the skills needed for the set up, adjustment and tuning of control loops. While it is highly recommended that you have completed UEE40411 Certifcate IV in Electrical (Instrumentation) prior to doing this skill set, it is possible to enrol in both concurrently and NMT will help you manage the order of completion of subjects so that you can achieve the pre-requisite units before commencing this PID program.
As it is expected that most students will already be employed in the industry, the course is delivered in a combination of online theory and lab based skills to minimise time spent away from work. The theory and assignment component can be completed online in your own time while the skill component is to be undertaken in our industry relevant lab at our Midland campus over the course of approximately one week. This can be done during the day or on some week day evenings.
Intrumentation Technician in oil & gas, mining, minerals processing
This is a specialist skill set although we do offer associated training in areas such as variable speed drives and robotics.
Estimated Course Fee
Estimated Concession Fee
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period. Some year-long courses might have a bigger fee load in the first semester.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses (such as short courses), or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred option below to get started with your application.