As a photographer, do you want to learn Photoshop fundamentals?
In this five week introductory course you will be taken from the ground up to develop a sound understanding of the photography related principles that are used in Photoshop.
You will be guided through a workflow from digital capture to the production of photographic quality prints and social media content.
This course is taught on Apple computers using industry standard colour managed monitors. Basic instruction in the use of a Mac computer is included in the course. Use of the Adobe Photoshop program is virtually identical on a Mac or PC platform.
You will need to bring:
- USB (16Gb plus)
- Notebook & pen
Topics covered in this course include:
- Adobe bridge and Photoshop
- Photoshop non-destructive workflow options
- Photoshop tools and menus
- Adjustment Layers
- Layer masking
- Smart objects and filters
- Image types, cropping and resizing for various uses
- Create and adjust text
- Use layers, layer effects and filters
- Use toning tools to adjust images
- Composite images - adding and blending multiple images
- Image restoration tools and techniques
Basic computer skills is required (no previous experience in Adobe Photoshop or Apple Mac Computers is necessary)
This course runs for 6 sessions, 6.00pm - 8.30pm, Wednesdays.
Next course starts 21 April 2021.
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period. Some year-long courses might have a bigger fee load in the first semester.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses (such as short courses), or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.