Get the most out of your digital camera
Learn the fundamentals of using a DSLR (digital single lens reflex) camera with this short course that demonstrates the advantages of using a DSLR in manual mode thus harnessing the creative potential of the camera.
The course is a blend of:
- Helpful theory in easy to understand formats.
- Clear demonstrations of how to put the theory into practice.
- Practical activities, including a shoot on location.
- Ample opportunities for questions and further clarification.
- Lecturers who are keen to assist you with taking your photography to the next level.
You will need to bring
- Your DSLR camera or digital compact camera with manual shutter speed, aperture and ISO controls
- Pen & notepad
Topics covered in this course include:
- Getting to know your DSLR camera and how they work
- History of photography
- How to control the camera using manual modes
- Shutter speed, aperture & ISO controls, focusing, light meter
- Understanding exposure
- Choosing the right lens for the job
- How to best use light: ambient and flash
- Qualities of light, composition, when to shoot
- Photographing your family, friends, babies and toddlers
- Shooting flowers and other close-ups
- Portraiture made easy
- Travel photography, landscapes, cityscapes and other scapes
- File formats – convenience versus quality
- Making the most of your photos - sharing, printing, books and the wall
- How to choose imaging software and the digital workflow
- Constructive feedback – student image reviews
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred option below to get started with your application.