Gain the skills needed to advance your career in Gas Tungsten Arc Welding
If you work as a boilermaker, welder or tradesperson in the Metal Fabrication industry, this skill set will enhance your skills in Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (GTAW).
The skill set is comprised of MEM05044B Perform welds to code standards using gas tungsten arc welding process and you'll build your skills and knowledge to give you the skills and competence to succeed at Australian Standard 1796 (AS1796) Certificate 7.
You need to have completed the following units in order to enrol in this skill set:
- MEM05007C Perform manual heating and thermal cutting
- MEM05019D Weld using gas tungsten arc welding process
- MEM05020C Perform advanced welding using gas tungsten arc welding process
- MEM05026C Apply welding principles
- MEM05049B Perform routine gas tungsten arc welding
- MEM05051A Select welding processes
- MEM05052A Apply safe welding practices
- MEM09002B Interpret technical drawing
- MEM12023A Perform engineering measurements
- MEM18001C Use hand tools
- MEM18002B Use power tools/hand held operations
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred option below to get started with your application.
Semester 1, 2023
Midland - On Campus
|When||Semester 1, 2023|
The fees quoted are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis in 2023. Please view the full list of Fee disclaimers.
Please note fees listed include all units required to gain this qualification. If you're a continuing student and have successfully completed a lower-level qualification that is a prerequisite for this course, you'll only pay for the units that you need to enrol in, to complete this course.
Enquiries regarding fees can be made by calling us.
This form is only for course enquiries. If you would like to apply, please refer to the Study options and next steps section above.